Jacky qualified in Sports Massage, Sports Therapy, Sports Treatment in 2011. Since completing this training she has gone on to add Dry Needling (Western Medical Acupuncture), Myofascial Release, Pregnancy Sports Massage and Tui Na Chinese Medical Massage techniques to her therapy practice.
She is currently training in Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture, Electro-acupuncture, Auricular Acupuncture, Cupping Therapy and Moxibustion with a view to adding these therapies to her practice in the future.
Jacky is passionate about easing her clients out of discomfort and pain and resolving the numerous conditions that can be created by muscular tightness and restriction in the body, traumatic injuries or scar tissue which occurs due to injury or surgery, as well as nerve disease, nerve damage and compression. She has sought to understand and relieve these regardless of whether problems have occurred due to sporting pursuits, working conditions, long term incorrect postural habits, stress, accident, injury, disease, long term medical conditions, surgical procedures or changes in the body due to pregnancy.
Incorporating a combination of the above techniques, including Dry Needling (only if wanted), each treatment session is specifically tailored to suit each client’s individual needs. Additional homecare advice, stretches and strengthening recommendations and referrals to other specialists where these would be beneficial are also provided as part of the treatment session.
Examples of some of the conditions Jacky treats on a regular basis are listed below. This is due to reported effective relief achieved both during and after each Appointment, with good levels of overall long term improvement and/or resolution:
• Desk work related or heavy lifting based back, shoulder, neck and sciatic pain and/or muscular restriction
• Long term postural or illness related muscular pain and/or restricted range of movement
• Relief from Headaches or Migraines caused by stress and muscular tightness
• Sudden or slow onset stiff neck affecting range of movement of the head whether minimal or severe
• Muscular tightness, pain and/or nerve conditions due to Scoliosis, previously broken spine or ribs and Spinal Fusion surgery
• Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) and resolution of muscular pain, weakness or tiredness due to overuse including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tennis Elbow and Golfers Elbow
• Jaw problems due to clenching or grinding of teeth (Bruxism), including Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ/TMD) and associated jaw restriction, pain and Headaches
• Muscular tightness and pain due to nerve disease or spinal disc damage, including Sciatica, pins and needles or numbness and heavy sensations in to limbs
• Relief from chronic and acute soft tissue injury and long term myofascial (muscle covering) complications such as Frozen Shoulder and Whiplash
• Discomfort, pain and/or restriction relief due to body changes during pregnancy
• Various muscle or tendon strains, ligament sprains, myofascial (muscle covering) restrictions
• Scar tissue breakdown including Caesarean Section, post operative or injury based scaring
• Plantarfasciitis and Iliotibial Band (ITB) dysfunction
• Stress relief, increased flexibility, pre and post sporting event, maintenance massage, relaxation massage and general body well being
Registered Professionals are fully trained and are bound by a strict Code of Practice. You can be confident of a high quality, professional treatment. Click on the therapist's name to see the treatments for which they are qualified and insured.
Please do not use any contact details on this site for sales or marketing purposes
Monday: 13:00 - 21:00
Thursday: 12:30 - 22:00
Friday: 13:00 - 20:00